How to: Look Like a Flight Attendant
Time to get your stalker on. During the interview process, you’ll do well before you even start if you can assimilate a flight attendant in appearance.
Here are 5 things you’ll need to aim for as a minimum:
- Clean: Your clothes and shoes should be absolutely spotless.
- Clean body: Clean teeth. Clean hair. Clean, short nails.
- Smell invisible: This means, no stink! No strong aftershave or perfumes either.
- Minimal fuss: Minimize your accessories and jewellery. Carry as little as possible. I.e. Handbags, manbags, briefcases. Less is more.
- Straight lines: Don’t have anything flapping. No jackets, no scarves. Wear well-fitting clothing. If you have long hair, get it pinned up or tied back.
What more can you do to get to the front of the class?
- Work it: Smile and be friendly.
- Tattoos or piercings? Remove every piercing you can – and do you best to keep anything else covered up by clothing (or use coverup makeup).
- Makeup: Keep it simple and don’t “overdo anything”. We know for some this means really dressing down, but you should do this regardless.
- Men, it’s best to be clean shaven and definitely keep your hair above the shoulder.
Make sure you read our full review on what you need to do to become a flight attendant, because looks are just the beginning!